At tru.ID, we are on a mission to build the world-leadingAPI platform for mobile authentication.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented new team member to join our growing sales team to lead deal closing with early customers in India.
What you'll do
We are seeing strong demand for our products in India across a range of sectors and we are generating a high number of leads for the country through our SDR teams and marketing campaigns. As we continue to scale our business, we are looking to add a new, customer-focused sales consultant in India to help work the sales pipeline and convert more leads into signed customers.
In addition to closing qualified opportunities provided to you by our SDR team, you will also be responsible for generating your own pipeline of new deals. In the early days you’ll work closely with the VP of Sales and other senior sales execs on closing the current pipeline, while starting to build your own deal pipeline. You’ll work closely with sales engineering to oversee the smooth onboarding of new customers and with the product teams to feedback customer insights.
Your primary responsibility is to close new business by identifying and engaging target prospects that fit our Ideal Customer Profile. You do this by guiding them through our buying process designed to help them understand the value of authenticating their customers in this new, low friction way. Specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
- Contribute to the segmentation of leads and customers, ensuring we have a clear engagement strategy for each target segment.
- Work closely with the VP Sales to support sales conversations ensuring we are following through on our commitments and enabling closing of new business.
- Re-qualify and confirm a clear understanding of a customer’s needs for those more material prospects that are passed to you by the SDR team.
- Once up to speed on the product and use cases, lead and close your own sales contracts to meet set revenue targets through proactive sales and business development.
- Where required, conduct your own business development outreach to target prospects ensuring your focus is on developing relationships with prospects that represent material opportunities.
- Where required, prepare sales proposals to potential new customers following agreed pricing and packaging guidelines as defined by the business.
- Negotiate and manage the contracting process to signature for material contracts under your responsibility that don’t follow standard buying processes.
- Coordinate with the Customer Success team to facilitate a smooth onboarding of new customers in overseeing the preparation of project plans ahead of contracts being finalised.
- In time, become the external face of the company representing tru.ID at industry conferences and networking events.
- Prepare sales reports and revenue forecasts ensuring they are accurate and delivered on time.
- Provide customer feedback to the product and operation teams to help improve tru.ID’s products.
- Maintain accurate records for all customer organisations and interactions within the company using our chosen CRM platform.
- Contribute to and identify ways to streamline and improve tru.ID’s sales processes to better serve customers while achieving the set revenue goals.
What will set you up for success
You’ll have a track record of achieving your sales targets through a consultative sales approach and have some experience of selling technical solutions to technical buyers. Experience of selling within an API product-led company would be seen as a benefit, but is not essential. Other experience we would expect you to have includes:
- A customer-orientated relationship builder with a demonstrable track record of working with customers.
- A strong communicator with excellent face-to-face skills who provides a professional face for the company and is able to build consensus with clients and internal teams.
- Strong English language skills, both in business writing and speaking.
- A process driven individual with an excellent attention to detail, high work ethics and who is able to clearly communicate progress against a plan.
- A person who is highly organised and self-motivated who has a disciplined approach to personal time management.
- A consistent track record of successfully exceeding your own sales targets from a combination of new business wins of your own making, and converting qualified opportunities passed to you.
- A team player who actively contributes to belonging to, and building, a high-performing team.
What we offer
We are a well-funded early-stage startup. We're a remote-first, distributed company with people located in Austria 🇦🇹, France 🇫🇷, Greece 🇬🇷, Nigeria 🇳🇬, Singapore 🇸🇬, Spain 🇪🇸, UK 🇬🇧 and UAE 🇦🇪.
- Remote working — you can be based anywhere in India,
- Flexible working hours,
- Company health and dental, insurance plan or contributions to your own plan,
- Share options
At tru.ID, we are a diverse group—proudly representing 8 nationalities already—united in our passion for building the future of digital identity. We seek and respect diversity of being, thought and expression.
How to Apply
To apply, send an email to email@example.com including:
- Why the role interests you
- A link to your LinkedIn profile or a copy of your CV